"The EZtemper Seed Generator evolved from working with chocolate and teaching chocolate classes for over 20 years.
I started out using a small electronic tempering machine, but the noise it made was unbearable and the small quantities that could be tempered limited my ability to accomplish all the tasks I planned. I needed another way to temper.
The EZtemper is my solution to fast, affordable, professional chocolate tempering results in the shortest time possible."
-Kerry Beal the Chocolate Doctor
Advantages of EZtemper
Perfectly tempered chocolate is glossy, evenly coloured and snaps crisply when broken. But it has not always been easy to attain this level of perfection. The EZtemper seed generator guarantees this result every time. Designed specifically for the small-to-medium production facility, the EZtemper offers an economical, efficient and speedy method of producing perfectly tempered chocolate.
EZtemper produces and maintains a constant supply of crystallized cocoa butter which we call silk. When introduced in minute quantities to chocolate mass, which is at the appropriate temperature, will instantly temper it.
◼︎ A Faster Production Cycle Once your product has reached working temperature, seed it with the appropriate amount of the cocoa butter silk produced by EZtemper and within one minute it will be in perfect temper and ready to use. **Note: it is not necessary to heat the product to 45° C and then bring back down - just get it melted and at 33.5° C**
◼︎ Cost Savings With perfect temper guaranteed, product wastage will be reduced.
Using the silk produced by EZtemper means you can work at higher temperatures and adjust the viscosity of your product. You can pour thinner shells and use less product when enrobing.
With EZtemper you can reduce product costs by making gianduja on site. Add melted chocolate to hazelnut paste, cool then add the appropriate amount of silk (0.1-1.0%). Immediately you can mold, produce bars or stockpile gianduja.
◼︎ Improved Product Quality EZtemper can quickly and economically temper ganache. Most chocolatiers believe that a tempered ganache has a better mouth feel, a longer shelf life and is less likely to cause bloom.
Ganache tempered with Eztemper silk can be cut within hours and dipped the same day.
With the silk you can make bean to bar chocolate mass without additional cocoa butter and/or lecithin. The mass can be tempered almost instantly and be ready for molding into bars or for stockpiling.
Two-ingredient bean to bar manufacturers should check out the User Guide tab on this website for instructions on how to extract cocoa butter from your own chocolate liquor for use in the EZtemper.
5 Great Reasons to Buy an EZtemper
1) Unbeatable Value - At $999 USD, the EZtemper is an easily-affordable tool for tempering all kinds of chocolate and chocolate containing products. Plus get FREE shipping anywhere in continental North America. Just $999 for this amazing, time-saving tool.
2) Versatile for All Kinds of Chocolate Products - The EZtemper "silk" allows you to easily and professionally temper chocolate, ganache, gianduja and more without separate appliances, utensils or add-ons.
3) Buy Direct From the Manufacturer - Purchase directly from the manufacturer without retail mark-up, and avoid import duties and customs fees (in Canada).
4) Small Footprint - Because EZtemper treats just the cocoa butter and not the chocolate mass its space requirement is minimal. This can free up valuable space for other facets of the production process.
5) Comprehensive 1 Year Warranty- The EZtemper is backed by a comprehensive 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty, allowing for repair or replacement of any defective unit for a full 365 days after purchase.
1. It’s 3 am - you have a huge order that needs to be ready for tomorrow - you normally temper on marble and your production room is 30º C. Temper is simply not going to happen as you can’t cool on marble to the required 26º C!
Melt your chocolate - cool to 33.5º C - add 1% of EZtemper silk - you are ready to go! **Note: it is not necessary to heat the product to 45° C and then bring back down - just get it melted and at 33.5° C**
2. You are running your Selmi with milk chocolate - you need a couple of hundred grams each of dark and white chocolate tempered for contrast. 200 grams of 34º C dark can be immediately brought into temper with 2 grams of EZtemper silk. 100 grams of 33.5 degree white chocolate will require 1 gram and you will be ready to go!
3. You are working in your manufacturing facility that runs a 100 foot bar line - a contact sends you 5 kg of a new milk chocolate to try. You certainly can’t run it through your bar line - so you melt a couple of kilos, cool to 33.5º C and add 20 grams of EZtemper silk and you are ready to mold some bars to try out this new chocolate.!
4. You are working in the pilot plant of a large manufacturing facility. You want to make a couple of bonbons as samples for some visitors who are coming through. You don’t want to wait for your little tempering machine to melt, seed and temper your chocolate. You put a kilo of chocolate in the microwave - it’s melted in a couple of minutes - cooled to 33.5º C, 10 grams of EZtemper silk is added - and you are ready to make your bonbons!
5. You have a huge order for slabbed ganache bonbons. Your procedure is to crystallize dark slabs for 24 hours, milk for 48 hours, white for 72 hours before cutting. Simply adding 1% EZtemper silk to your ganache before pouring the slab will allow you to cut dark, milk or white slabs in a couple of hours as they will be fully crystallized!
6. You have overheated the coloured cocoa butter that you need to airbrush some molds - you know that if you use this it will fail to stick properly to the molds and will flake off the bonbons when you remove them from the mold. Simply cooling to 35º C - adding 0.5-1% of EZtemper silk - you can safely airbrush your molds and get perfect results!